The Digital & Analytics Centre of Excellence (D&A CoE) is an independent team that helps fast track and spearhead our digital & analytics capabilities across the organisation. The D&A CoE is designed around key pillars, with Delivery and Execution being the one responsible for Infineum’s effective use of data to provide high value solutions to the business.
The Data Engineer is responsible for collaborating across the business and working with heterogenous data sources to build, manage and optimise data pipelines on Infineum’s Data and Analytics Platform to maximise the business value from our data. The Data Engineer will also ensure compliance with data governance and data security requirements.
The Data Engineer will play a pivotal role in operationalising prioritised data and analytics initiatives within Infineum’s digital portfolio. This role will require both creative and collaborative working with Data Architects, Data Scientists, Analytics Developers, IT experts as well as directly with key business stakeholders. This role will involve evangelizing effective data management practices and promoting better understanding of data and analytics.
The Data Engineer position is an emerging role in Infineum’s Digital and Analytics CoE and as such the successful candidate will have the opportunity to drive the development of data engineering tools, processes, and procedures by collaborating with D&A CoE and broader IT teams.
This Data Engineer role is accountable to the Delivery and Execution Leader within the Digital and Analytics Centre of Excellence.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Collaborate closely with business users, domain experts, architects, analytics developers, and data scientists to rapidly design, build and embed data pipelines
- Design and maintain data models to support business analytics
- Drive automation using modern data and analytical tools to develop repeatable data integration and data preparation flows from multiple source systems into our data lake and enterprise data warehouse systems
- Maintain data pipelines ensuring on-going adoption of automation and incorporation of best practice
- Work side by side with Data Scientists to understand business problems and support the integration of diverse data sets to support data science and advanced analytics activities
- Collaborate with business, D&A CoE, and broader IT colleagues to evangelise data management. Act as a ‘data guru’ and work across business silos to promote better understanding of data and analytics.
What will you gain from this role?
- Opportunity to influence the build of a new data and analytics platform
- Work closely with the Architecture Working Group to define data engineering and data architecture strategies
- Skills in defining and developing data engineering processes and best practices for use internally and with our technical partners
- Exposure to a wide variety of technologies and data engineering challenges as we continue to further develop our digital capability
- Work in a global environment interacting with all regions and functions at Infineum
A successful candidate is likely to have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent discipline
- Significant experience in a Data Management discipline including experience in data warehousing concepts and data modelling
- Strong experience working with heterogeneous datasets in building and optimizing data pipelines, pipeline architectures and integrated datasets. Use of Talend and Azure Data Lake a plus but not compulsory
- Experience of working with Snowflake to build data warehouses / data marts, and experience of working with data from SAP, manufacturing, or research systems is strong plus but not compulsory
- Basic understanding of popular open-source and commercial data science tools and platforms such as Python and Azure ML is an advantage
- Experience working in a virtual team setting and self-driven with desire to take the lead and drive tasks to completion in a remote environment
- Detail-oriented and strict attention to details and the ability to quickly spot and fix problems
- Able to stay abreast of Data Engineering industry trends