We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
We are a Specialty Chemicals Company with powerful research and development capabilities around innovative chemistry which has a vital role to play in sustainability. We provide products needed on the journey towards the electrification of mobility, while helping to make the internal combustion engine as clean as it can be. We also use our capabilities to generate sustainability advantages to countless new markets around the world.
In general, this position is responsible for managing the process safety and risk assessment programs for capital projects within a large manufacturing facility, including compliance with all pertinent State and Federal regulations.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Responsible for Bayway capital project process safety analyses , reviews and corrective recommendations, and compliance with pertinent NJ State (Toxic Catastrophe Prevention Act) and Federal (OSHA Process Safety Management and Risk Management Program) Regulations.
• Lead Process Hazard Analyses (PHAs), risk assessments, and Layer of Protection Analyses (LOPA).
• Review process designs and management of change requests to ensure compliance with safety engineering standards.
• Facilitate training and mentoring of younger engineers on safety engineering technology and systems required to manage site risks and plant changes.
• Develop dispersion analyses to evaluate consequence and assess risk due to potential HC and EHS substance releases.
• Support process and project engineers and unit supervisors on process safety issues,
• Responsible for all projected related process Safety related tasks as outlined in Infineum’s Project Development and Execution Procedures (IMPACT)
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with regulations including successful performance on audits.
• Model emergency release scenarios and assist in emergency response planning.
• Provide support to manufacturing HSSE organization as needed.
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to make a significant contribution to keeping Bayway Safer, Cleaner and More Reliable. This role will deepen existing skills in the area of communication, influencing and collaboration.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering
• 5-10 years’ experience in Process Design and Safety Engineering, preferably in manufacturing sites
• Experience in process safety technology, PSM regulatory compliance, and programs to drive improvement.
• Process simulation and dispersion modelling software knowledge a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & risk assessments required
• Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
• Negotiation skills
• Problem solving skills
• Desire for continuous improvement
• Proactive / Initiative
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
• Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation