We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology center’s in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career. Working in the site services team at Milton Hill Business and Technology Centre(MHBTC) promises to be very exciting and we are seeking an HSSE Specialist to join us.
This role will be responsible for coordinating many aspects of the MHBTC health and safety program. The role holder will provide specialist technical and administration support with direction from the MHBTC Site Manager and UK HSSE Leader - to include OIMS, OSHA, RoSPA and CEFIC Responsible Care® initiatives at MHBTC.
What you will be doing;
To assist in risk management and ensure compliance with OIMS and regulations you will act as the focal point in the HSE Team for;
- Process & Operations Safety,
- Risk Assessment & MOC,
- Review of work practices
Other duties will include;
- Act as an OIMS System Administrator
- Advisor/Support for Risk Assessments and MOC’s for the site.
- Provide HSE advice to support facilities and site Projects.
- Conduct Work Processes, Operations, Practices, PPE assessments,
- Site inspections
- Regulatory Compliance Reviews
Records & Documentation:
- OIMS 7.1 System Oversight, maintain system, update reports; produce, analyse and communicate. Continuous improvements of system health and effectiveness.
- Capturing OIC / SOIC Committee Minutes and Action resulting from discussion; Maintain OIC Opportunity Improvement log.
- Updating the HSE events / incident database and tracking/analysing trends; tracking follow-ups associated with incident reporting
- Preparing monthly and end of year MHBTC HSSE Data Pack and tracking progress toward Safety Performance goal
- Maintaining and updating the MHBTC HSSE/OIMS SharePoint site; Update / Upload relevant documents from G drive to SharePoint; Liaise with global HSSE to identify / incorporate OIMS updates
- Assisting with the on-going development and updating of the MHBTC HSSE Manual
- Membership of the Risk Assessor Community and HSSE Forum / Occasionally chair meetings
- Conducting new colleague induction training
- Conducting training sessions / classes
- Produce written reports
- Act as RoSPA site focal point and arrange (annual) award submission
- Conduct face to face meetings with all management levels
- Work with Global / Local Comms and Global HSSE to create safety commitment posters and HSSE awareness information, posters and other initiatives
What skills will you gain from this role?
The colleague will gain knowledge and experience of;
• HSE Legislation
• Process/Operations Safety
• HSE Management Systems
• Data management
• Relationship building and communications skills.
Combined with external training opportunities this can lead to certifications/qualifications in Industrial / Personal Safety related fields
A successful candidate is likely to have;
- Bachelor’s degree / good understanding of chemistry or chemical engineering
- Lab/Pilot Operations or similar Experience
- Experience with risk assessments and MOC
- Some knowledge of Safety Management Systems and Regulations (e.g. UK Regulations, OSHA requirements & Infineum OIMS etc.)
Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate.