We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
Our brand is based on Collaboration, which is something we promote both internally with our colleagues, and externally with our customers, suppliers, trusted partners and our community. We strive to make a positive impact in the multi-cultural communities in which we operate.
This role will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the personal safety and health program, by providing technical and administration support with direction from the HSE Leader to include OIMS, OSHA, and Responsible Care initiatives at LBTC.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
Analyzing/Assessing Work Environment practices/procedures to identify and correct hazards and ensure compliance with OIMS and regulations:
• Administrate assigned Safety/OIMS systems
• Conduct chemical and physical hazard assessments/inspections
• Assist with regulatory compliance activities
• Conduct PPE assessments, maintain site PPE, and assist with respirator fit tests
• Assist with accident/incident investigations
• Assist with the collection of IH samples
• Coordinate with LMS Administrator for all aspects of HSSE training
• Develop, maintain, and update HSSE Training in LMS
• Conduct training classes and coordinate third party HSSE training
• Conduct new colleague HSSE onboarding/training
• Produce written reports
• Conduct face-to-face meetings with all levels of organization
• Create HSSE awareness communications
Records & Documentation:
• Track progress toward safety performance goals
• Update BBSO and Incident database and tracking/analysing trends
• Track follow-ups associated with OIMS activities including incidents, safety surveys, etc.
• Maintain and update the HSSE SharePoint site
• Capture HSSE Committee minutes and track follow-up items resulting from discussion
• Chemical inventory oversight
• Maintain files – training records, etc.
• Assist with ongoing development and update the HSSE handbook
Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
The colleague will gain data management, critical thinking, relationship building skills, and knowledge/expertise which can lead to certification in Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related field. The colleague will interface with all functions on site, various HSSE groups/committees, and external groups including:
• Active member of committees
• Interface with external consultants and groups including Baron, CCNJ, etc.
• Emergency Response
• Incident Investigator
• Risk Assessor
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• Bachelor’s degree; good understanding of chemistry, chemical engineering, or occupational health and safety
• Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to demonstrate and convey concepts to large and small audiences of various levels
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry best practices (ex: OIMS, OSHA, and Infineum Health and Safety Standards, etc.) External Candidate with 0-3 years relevant experience
• Ability to work independently, with excellent team building skills
• Understanding of Linden Organization, Leaders, Union, etc.
Strong Computer Skills
• Learning Management System
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
• Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation