We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
We are a Specialty Chemicals Company with powerful research and development capabilities around innovative chemistry which has a vital role to play in sustainability. We provide products needed on the journey towards the electrification of mobility, while helping to make the internal combustion engine as clean as it can be. We also use our capabilities to generate sustainability advantages to countless new markets around the world.
Infineum is recruiting for an entry level Instrument and Electrical Engineer. The Instrument and Electrical Engineer is a key specialist position in Infineum's Global Engineering organization. Responsibilities include the development and review of equipment designs for expansion / plant improvement projects and specification of instrument, analyzer and electrical (IA&E) equipment. The successful candidate will directly interface and coordinate activities with project and process personnel, engineering / construction contractors, safety, maintenance and the Bayway Leadership Team. In addition, the successful candidate will contribute to the maintenance organization by providing technical direction and expertise for bad actor resolution, troubleshooting as well as IA&E maintenance best practices and techniques. Also included is the specification and selection of new or replacement IA&E equipment for the Bayway plant.
• Conduct business in a safe and healthy manner contributing to the IA&E best practices that promote safety.
• Participate in the review, development and execution of new projects. Leading the IA&E project team and providing engineering and design expertise. Addressing any issues regarding IA&E equipment reliability, engineering, design, procurement, installation and project start-up.
• Support development of P&IDs, loop drawings, electrical one-line diagrams, schematics and other controlled documents.
• Provide technical specifications (calculations) for selecting and sizing equipment including: control valves, instruments (temperature, level, pressure, flow, amps), analyzers (gas detectors, GCs, pH, CEM), and electrical (motor starters, VFDs, wiring, 6900V/480V electrical distribution system).
• Review vendor documentation for equipment suitability and correctness.
• Perform QA/QC checks of vendor supplied equipment, contractor engineering / design and construction.
• Provide expertise on codes and regulations (NEC, hazardous area classification, intrinsically safe techniques and explosion proof methods).
• Assist in determining spare part strategy per established processes. This includes SAP part description changes, supply vendor changes, seeking cost reduction opportunities and participate as a resource for inventory issues.
• Participate in IA&E bad actor program. Develop and or assist in the development of strategies for the resolution of bad actors.
• Provide technical guidance to the maintenance organization on major equipment activities or day-to-day reliability issues.
• Review equipment specifications for modifications necessary to support changes in the current operating processes as part of the plant's change management process.
• Provide technical support, modify, and or develop preventative maintenance practices to improve reliability, optimize maintenance resources, while minimizing process downtime.
• Use SAP to update equipment repair histories, provide technical data updates, and input necessary changes to equipment bill of materials.
• Support business processes for safety, reliability and controls as they relate to IA&E equipment.
• Pro-actively seek out cost savings and reliability enhancement opportunities for Infineum.
• Conduct cold eyes hazard/operability reviews of new equipment designs and existing equipment.
• Maintain an active equipment manufacturers and vendor listing to assist Infineum with outside technical representative support, equipment purchases, and equipment repairs.
• BS in Electrical Engineering required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in problem solving and project management
• Interpersonal, teamwork skills.
• Computer skills including use of SAP, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Ability to prioritize and balance multiple priorities.
• Ability to function as a self-directed team member.
• Organization skills.
What you will gain from this entry level position:
• Knowledge of industrial process control instrumentation.
• Knowledge of industrial process control analyzers (pH, GC, CEM and gas detection).
• Knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS).
• Knowledge of industrial electrical systems (120V - 6900V, induction and synchronous motors, substations and switchgear).
• Knowledge of NEC, hazardous area classification, intrinsically safe techniques, and explosion proof methods.
• Experience working with vendors/contractors.
• Familiarity with SAP
• Knowledge of instrumentation communication protocols such as HART, TCP/IP, RS232/485, etc.
• Hands-on experience in the different facets of project execution (Design, Construction, and Startup)
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
• Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation