We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology center’s in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
A vacancy has arisen for an IT System Specialist within the IT Applications group, a global team responsible for support, change and delivery of various IT applications (non-SAP) across all multiple regions and functions.
This role will initially play a primary role in shaping the strategy for an integrated digital laboratory systems landscape to ensure the efficient and effective flow of data from a diverse array of laboratory equipment. This will include a hands on role in the implementation, roll out and future support, collaborating with colleagues from various functions in the organisation.
Responsibilities will be for the maintenance and support of systems within a cross functional team, which will include but not limited to a LabVantage LIMS implementation.
The role requires a diverse skillset, including a detailed orientated approach to application troubleshooting and data analysis and the ability to collaborate directly with end-users and IT colleagues around multiple sites to maintain existing IT systems.
What you will be doing:
- Taking ownership of daily first and second level support
- Leading and/or participate in IT projects using agile methodologies
- Helping shape the strategy for an integrated digital laboratory systems landscape
- Problem solving using detailed data analysis and creative thinking
- Configuring (and where necessary, customise) and test solutions to ensure they meet business needs
- Translating business requirements to application functional requirements
- Communicating clearly, both in writing and verbally to technical and non-technical audience
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong analytical, data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of relational databases and structured query language (SQL)
- Knowledge of IT Service Management processes and procedures (e.g. ITIL)
- Ability to manage work priorities for services with minimal oversight
- Experience or a desire to work with agile methodologies
- LIMS implementation, development, support experience or knowledge of laboratory processes would be a distinct advantage, as would experience or familiarity with laboratory equipment.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Wellbeing, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental, Sports
- Onsite subsidized restaurant and secure onsite parking
Infineum is an Equal Opportunity employer
Infineum Operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accomodate their needs wherever appropriate.