We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centre’s in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The role is accountable for the development and promotion of the Marine Fuels portfolio globally.
The role owns and drives the global marine fuels strategy and will work closely with the Marine Fuels Venture manager to accelerate growth in the evolving market and better serve the different needs of the identified target customer groups: fuel end users (e.g. shipping companies) and marine fuel producers (e.g. refineries and blenders).
The appointed colleague will be a key decision maker/advisor to Sales and Technology in implementing the global marine products strategy and will also provide guidance to the supply team to implement the required supply footprint of the evolving product portfolio.
What you will be doing:
- Primary liaison between Sales, Technology and Industry Liaison (IL)
- Responsible for strategy deployment in the selected channels to market by giving direction to Sales and Technology on products value proposition and positioning in the market
- Lead product promotion strategy based on customers’ needs
- Work collaboratively with Marine Lubes IL to anticipate Original Engine Manufacturers (OEMs) trends specifically related to the fuel delivery system and exploit technology/knowledge synergies
- Work collaboratively with the Crude Transportation & Refining (CTR) team to exploit technology/knowledge synergies
- Owner of the marine portfolio strategy
- Responsible to provide key insights and input into the development of the Global Marine Fuels strategy
- Define products value proposition and work with Marketing Communications and external marketing agencies to establish brand equity and to develop compelling value propositions and marketing collateral
- Identify marketing trends, compile market insights, identify present and future product needs based on feedback from the market and sales
- Technical Sales responsibility
- Responsible of the whole customer relationship management as Technical Sales account manager of appointed accounts
- Support the Fuels Portfolio Manager to define pricing guidelines based on value assessments
- Monitor products launch and adapt pricing guidelines definition in the value chain
- Support value mapping assessment for relevant products
- Determine needs, required media and lead Marketing Communication programs
- Support the annual budget setting process and help prioritise budget expenditure by seeking best value for the business
What you will gain from this role?
- Be exposed, operate, and learn in a new market for Infineum (fuel end user customer’s segment)
- Conceive and write unique value propositions for a business area that is new for Infineum
- Experience an ambiguous environment, entirely customer value-driven (not spec-driven) and close to a consumer type of market
- Commercial experience, with high focus on hunting business vs. managing existing customers portfolio
- Contribute actively to the emissions reduction and ultimately decarbonization journey of the marine shipping industry
- Experience in engaging and developing relationships with new customers
- An expanded personal network both internally and externally
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong external focus and curiosity
- A strong interest to develop commercial and business acumen
- Excellent influencing and communication skills and interest in presenting/ public speaking
- Strong collaboration, data analysis and interpretation skills
- Ambition and a strong drive to make things happen
- Knowledge of fuel products and fuel marine market from producers to end users
- This role would suit a candidate who is a self-starter with strong accountability and proactively looks to connect through their network and break silos
- Ability to see the big picture and connect insights to capture value
- Ability to summarize complex information and disseminate key messages to a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders
What we offer:
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Wellbeing, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental, Sports
This role requires ~20% business travel
Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate