We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology center’s in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects, and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
We are looking for a Process Chemist to work in the Manufacturing Technology (Detergents) team. The role offers diverse opportunities for growth and development through activities including lab and pilot plant work (synthesis and analysis), root cause investigations for manufacturing product quality concerns, supporting process scale up and plant trials.
Reporting to a Process Technologist, together you will deliver strategic projects in areas such as supply security, component/process optimisation, new product development and cost optimisation. You will also have opportunities to collaborate with Technology, Procurement, PSRC and Manufacturing plants. The successful candidate will be expected to work both independently and within cross-functional teams. The role will involve occasional travel.
- Definition and execution of experimentation plans
- Efficient operation of owned lab equipment/rigs and pilot plants
- Recommendations based on interpretation of results/data
- Analysis and insight for New Product Development projects including plant trials and process optimisation
- Enhanced fundamental understanding of products/processes
- Capture of learnings through knowledge management
- Technical support in troubleshooting activities
- Evaluations of new raw materials and component suppliers
What will you gain from this role?
- Enhanced problem solving, collaboration and influencing skills
- Knowledge of our commercial products, plant network, manufacturing processes and associated analytical techniques Insight into how products and processes are transferred from lab to commercial scale
- Familiarity with Infineum’s key commercial product quality controls, lab/pilot plant operations, maintenance and safety
- Exposure to multiple global functions across Infineum, 3rd party plants and raw material suppliers
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Excellent safety consciousness and experimental/operational rigour
- A sound science background with a degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or a related discipline
- Strong technical competencies with an aptitude for practical laboratory work and organic synthesis: a background in analytical chemistry techniques would be an advantage
- Diligence to accurately manage test results, technical information, and lab records, combined with the ability to interpret data and make recommendations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-developed time management and personal organizational skills
Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate