We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centres in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognise that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Regional Head Counsel EMEA, and supporting principally, Infineum’s commercial legal function within the EMEA region.
What you will be doing:
- Provide professional, pro-active advice and support to Infineum UK and Infineum affiliates across EMEA (principally in France and Italy) on a wide range of commercial and strategic legal issues.
- Supporting legal counsel in the Americas and APAC regions as and when required on discrete matters.
- Dealing with corporate governance, including corporate secretarial matters for the UK and other European-based affiliates
- Provide cross-functional legal support in compliance with laws and regulations, company policies and industry standards, including but not limited to competition law, anti-bribery, international trade, data privacy laws and regulations and managing risk.
- Prepare, review and negotiate all types of contracts and other legally relevant documents, including relevant standards, templates and policies.
- Instruct and work with external lawyers, where applicable.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- English qualified solicitor, barrister or continental European equivalent with right to work in the UK with current practising certificate.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; Fluency in French, German or Italian is a bonus
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in a business environment. Combination of in-house and private practice experience preferred
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with legal and commercial colleagues and to thrive in the cultural diversity of a global business
- Excellent communication, presentation, drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage a heavy workload with conflicting priorities
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organisations, with ability to analyse business requirements from a legal perspective and transform into practical, timely and value-added actions and guidelines
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- The ability to protect the higher interests of the organisation and uphold Infineum values
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels within the business
- Strong analytical abilities, judgment and attention to detail.
- Self-driven, motivated, assertive, persistent and pragmatic
- Well-versed in how businesses operate with financial acumen
- Corporate secretarial experience is a strong bonus.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Wellbeing, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental, Sports
- Onsite subsidized restaurant and secure onsite parking
Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate.