We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
We are a Specialty Chemicals Company with powerful research and development capabilities around innovative chemistry which has a vital role to play in sustainability. We provide products needed on the journey towards the electrification of mobility, while helping to make the internal combustion engine as clean as it can be. We also use our capabilities to generate sustainability advantages to countless new markets around the world.
The successful candidate will be operating and maintaining various analytical instruments, also will be focused on characterizing and interpreting analytical experimental data.
This role offers an opportunity to support a wide range of technical activities
This is a Union position.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Operate and maintain analytical instruments (FTIR, NMR, GPC, LC/MS, ICP, HPLC, and other instrumentation to yield data). Interpret and analysis of experimental result
- Interact with equipment vendors and lab suppliers (maintain instrument maintenance record)
- Experimentation to support new product development, process improvements, raw material optimizations, technology optimizations, and non-conforming product investigations, etc.
- Maintain a safe, clean and tidy laboratory
- Maintenance of sample inventories including third party chemical inventory
- Organization and maintenance of electronic laboratory notebook.
- Maintain all analytical data in central file deposit folder and organize it
- Work in a safe manner always
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Safely operate highly specialized analytical instruments and will gain in depth knowledge of instrument theory, principles and maintenance
- Learn components related knowledge to characterize its composition
- Cross functional collaboration with colleagues across Infineum and will gain presentation skill including analytical data interpretation
- Organic synthesis, process development and purification hands-on skill
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemistry (analytical or organic chemistry preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in analytical instrumentation or organic synthesis
- Knowledge of analytical methods and interpretation
- Strong self-starter and effective under pressure.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong general computer skills (MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proactive approach – will take ownership of issues and work to a successful resolution
- Ability to work with minimum amount of supervision and use their own initiative
- Rigorous approach to working safely, including procedural and regulatory requirements
- Teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
- Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
- Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
- Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
- Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
- Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation