We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
This role includes pilot plant and laboratory activities to support new product process developments, process improvements of existing products and support of manufacturing plants. This includes designing, executing, and interpreting both pilot plant and laboratory work in support of these activities.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Pilot plant operation and lab experimentation to demonstrate new product development, process improvements, raw material optimizations, and non-conforming product investigations
• Ability to operate pilot plant scale equipment and associated control system
• Analysis of experimental results
• Coordination of receipt and distribution of samples and data
• Accurate blending of additive packages, viscosity modifier concentrates and finished lubricants.
• Capability to run and interpret FTIR, NMR, and GPC, viscometers and other instrumentation to yield data
• Maintenance of sample inventories
• Ability to conduct chemical synthesis
• Effective interaction with equipment vendors and laboratory suppliers
• Organization and maintenance of electronic laboratory notebook
• Work in a safe manner at all times and within an ISO systems laboratory
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
• Development of a mind-set necessary to achieve a working environment where 'Nobody gets hurt'
• Know-how to devise and progress experimentation plans, interpret data, and document work including drawing valid conclusions
• Understanding how new technologies and knowledge are translated from lab to commercial operations
• Work experience within an ISO systems laboratory
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• Problem solving/troubleshooting skills related to process unit operations
• A sound science background with a degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related scientific discipline
• Laboratory technician experience and/or pilot plant operation
• Experience in organic or polymer synthesis
• Knowledge of standard chemical analytical methods (NMR, FTIR, GC/MS, GPC, HPLC)
• Understanding of laboratory equipment
• Strong general computer skills (MS Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Proactive approach – will take ownership of issues and work to a successful resolution
• Teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
• Focus on continuous improvement
What we offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
• Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation