We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
We are a Specialty Chemicals Company with powerful research and development capabilities around innovative chemistry which has a vital role to play in sustainability. We provide products needed on the journey towards the electrification of mobility, while helping to make the internal combustion engine as clean as it can be. We also use our capabilities to generate sustainability advantages to countless new markets around the world.
Our lubricants blending facility is seeking someone to become part of our team of technicians in supporting the research and development of next generation driveline fluids (transmission fluids, electric vehicle fluids, etc). The technician will function as a member of the blending team, reporting to the Laboratory Supervisor. This person will perform a full range of tasks related to laboratory blending, testing, and analysis. This role is ideal for individuals seeking to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
THIS IS A UNION POSITION
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Operate stirrers, scales and computer systems to accurately and properly blend chemicals in a precise manner to create lubricant performance packages.
• Ensure understanding of all safety, quality and operational procedures, to utilize tools, equipment, and electronic/computer systems
• Utilize a computer to obtain detailed formula information and availability of raw materials, post and request batches, check inventory and print labels.
• Utilize a computer to schedule, run, and monitor tests, arrange shipments and track results.
• Ensure the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment and adherence to all safety protocols.
• Follow documentation and recordkeeping requirements.
• Proactively contribute to an actively caring safety culture
• Assist with the training of new lab techs
• Assist with the upkeep of supplies and inventory
• Maintain exceptional housekeeping practices.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Degree (or equivalent experience) in relevant science (e.g. chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry etc) or 2+ years’ experience in a technician role. Prior experience handling, mixing, and testing chemicals.
• Knowledge of chemical compounding and an understanding of special formula instructions.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, measurements and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to conduct or learn conversion of metric to English measure, Density/SPG calculations
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
• Ability to schedule and run tests, evaluate results, and make recommendations.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Technical problem solving and analytical abilities
• High level of commitment to (and interest in) safe working
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to safely lift and move 50 pounds
• Familiarity with Laboratory Information management systems
• Good mechanical aptitude and interest
What we offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation