We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
We are a Specialty Chemicals Company with powerful research and development capabilities around innovative chemistry which has a vital role to play in sustainability. We provide products needed on the journey towards the electrification of mobility, while helping to make the internal combustion engine as clean as it can be. We also use our capabilities to generate sustainability advantages to countless new markets around the world.
This challenging and fast paced position will support day-to-day Rail distribution related activities at US supply points to customers and affiliates to receive products timely and satisfactorily. These activities include, supporting management of 500+ rail tank car fleet usage and maintenance, several rail storage sites across NA, oversight and expertise of rail planning in a TMS platform (transportation management system), and review and approval of payment of services for all railcar transportation activities and rail maintenance activities.
Rail tank cars transport a large proportion of products supplied to customers in the Americas and the site logistics coordinator retains the knowledge of this supply Chain to interface and provide support to others at Infineum utilizing rail services.
The position also serves as the primary interface between customer service, manufacturing sites and logistics providers for a broad range of activities from monitoring on time delivery to payment accuracy.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Support the Logistics leader in optimization of the US rail fleet. Monitor Rail activity and report on railcar optimization and performance via standard metrics.
• Create SAP entries to add new railcars to the Infineum fleet.
• Utilize third party software for rail tracking and fleet records. Use and create custom reports to extract fleet performance and identify any areas for improvement.
• Interface with rail distribution activities at various Infineum US supply points to address any issues with shipment schedules.
• Steward customer Rail demurrage cost reports and publish to internal customers for action
• Action maintenance repair requests and organize with vendors
• Action railcar cleaning requests and organize with vendors
• Steward railcar inspection programmes
• Proactively identify and troubleshoot logistic issues related to rail movements.
• Process non-autopayment invoices accurately and timely to avoid excessive and late payments.
• Review rail non-freight invoices for payment and created SAP SES entries to allow vendor payment. This includes lease cars, cars maintenance, and lease track invoices.
• Provide stewardship for accessorial charges and identify improvement activities to reduce them.
• Support that distribution services are in compliance with internal and external business processes and regulatory requirements.
• Investigate and recommend preventive measures when non-conformance occurs.
• Monitor and steward 3rd party performance to the Site Logistics Leader to support continuous improvement activities.
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What will you gain from this role?
• Relationship Management
• Problem Solving (Root Cause Investigation and Analysis)
• Opportunities to work on global team projects
• Prioritization Management
• SAP R3 Power User (including MRP and BW)
• Cross functional interface with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement and critical Third Parties
• Collaboration and Presentation skills
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical understanding
• Excellent relationship building skill
• SAP proficient
• Strong attention to details and customer focus
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities. Delegate to third party service providers.
• “Continuous Improvement” mind-set
What We Offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking
• Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation