We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centre’s in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
The Digital & Analytics Centre of Excellence (D&A CoE) is an independent team that helps fast track and spearhead our digital & analytics capabilities across the organisation. The D&A CoE is designed around key pillars, with Architecture and Governance being the one responsible an effective D&A architecture to provide high value solutions to the business.
The Solution Architecture Leader is responsible for driving architecture activities that inform the development of technology solutions with a particular focus on our Data & Analytics platform. This includes working with the architecture team to create architectural designs and develop roadmaps for the evolution of the platform from current to future state.
The Solution Architecture Leader designs and directs the principles, guidelines, standards, and architectural patterns to define architectural governance ensuring solution decisions are aligned with the future-state architecture vision. Collaboration with technical specialists across teams is critical to ensure compliance with data governance and data security requirements, and to ensure the architecture supports advanced analytics and data science use cases.
The Solution Architecture Leader manages a team of solution and integration architects to ensure alignment across the platform technologies. The architecture team leads the evaluation, design and analysis for the implementation of solutions architectures across business applications based on enterprise business strategy, business capabilities, value-streams, business requirements and enterprise standards. The architecture team supports agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impacts and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
The Solution Architecture Leader works with the D&A Portfolio team and business teams to translate business and technical requirements ensuring that the data and analytics platform architecture is designed to support current and future business requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
This Solution Architect Leader role is accountable to the Digital and Analytics Centre of Excellence Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the architecture team to develop and own the D&A architecture design and implementation
- Define and implement architectural policies, patterns, standards and best practices
- Lead and support architecture activities that inform the development and management of technical solutions.
- Build a network with business teams to analyse enterprise business strategy, trends and requirements to derive the future-state data and analytics technology architecture.
- Analysis of data and analytics trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise and technology architecture.
- Oversee and facilitate the research, evaluation and selection of related technologies and products, as well as the design of standard configurations.
What will you gain from this role?
- Opportunity to lead a global team to design and build out the architecture of a new data and analytics platform to drive the organisation on our digital journey
- Experience in devising and implementing digital and analytics architectural strategies both for use internally and with our technical partners to actively develop Digital and Analytics capabilities across the organisation
- Exposure to a variety of technologies and architectural challenges as we continue to further develop our digital capability
- Work in a global environment interacting with all regions and functions at Infineum
- Further develop skills in communication and collaborative problem-solving. Opportunities to evangelise D&A and act as a ‘data and analytics guru’ by working across business silos to promote better understanding of data and analytics.
A successful candidate is likely to have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or equivalent discipline
- Significant and demonstrable experience in a Solution Architecture discipline including experience in data lake, data warehouse, and advanced analytics architectures.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments
- Experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies, and roadmaps. Good understanding of applying security by design principles and patterns
- Experience of creating architectures based on the Azure platform, and experience of working with data from SAP, manufacturing, or research systems is strong plus but not compulsory
- Experience working in a virtual team setting, self-driven with a desire to take the lead and drive tasks to completion
- A strategic solution mindset with an up-to-date knowledge of technology and emerging trends in data and analytics architecture and a track record of successful delivery through practical application
- A clear communicator who is comfortable with a variety of audiences and situations
Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate