We create a sustainable future through innovative chemistry.
Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for fuels and lubricants. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide, and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations. With production facilities worldwide and regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Singapore and China, there has never been a better time to start a career at Infineum.
Infineum’s successes are built on the exceptional talents of our bright and highly skilled colleagues.
Infineum brings together individuals from different backgrounds, cultures, and thinking styles providing remarkably different talents, perspectives, life and career experiences. We recognize that a diverse talent base creates an environment rich with innovation. We’re looking for motivated colleagues to join us where you can participate in relevant and challenging projects and we can offer the right environment for a high-performance career.
We are a Specialty Chemicals Company with powerful research and development capabilities around innovative chemistry which has a vital role to play in sustainability. We provide products needed on the journey towards the electrification of mobility, while helping to make the internal combustion engine as clean as it can be. We also use our capabilities to generate sustainability advantages to countless new markets around the world.
Operating within the Rheology team, this role is responsible for delivering a pipeline of new polymer products beyond Infineum’s existing focus in engine lubricants and energy storage. The existing business has provided us with a suite of synthetic, analytical, manufacturing assets, and a team able to collaborate externally, deliver solutions and maintain product lines. Using their experience and network, this position will drive technical projects and create sustainable relationships with new partners and customers.
The colleague will use their experience in product development and new business development to be a pioneer in the relevant areas. The Rheology Team collaborates within Infineum in multiple technical areas including global Product and Innovation Science teams. Although principally technical, the role includes interaction with Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement and Sales functions and a real opportunity to influence the strategy of the functional polymers segment.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Execute and consult on projects which result in new technical capabilities – molecules, formulations, intellectual property, processes, tests.
• Represent Infineum externally at customers as a technical focal point
• Use market voice to shape a new polymer product portfolio
• Translate experimental data, both performance and characterization into technology design
• Take an active role in the safe and efficient working practices in the lab
• Communicate your ideas effectively to varied audiences, including documentation
• Work collaboratively within the team and with colleagues throughout Infineum, across a diverse array of teams
• Leverage external resources to successfully deliver products that bring value
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
A technologist has opportunities to develop a varied technical expertise from designing new molecules to gaining understanding of how additives and lubricants work inside the complex environment of a combustion engine. Technologists have an opportunity to lead and contribute to projects and activities with clear connection to the market from idea conception through commercialization of new products.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• Ideally 10+ years of experience but will consider 5+ years of experience in the battery, paint, ink, adhesives or similar industry
• Experience with polymers in the relevant field is desired
• A track record of commercial product delivery and IP generation
• Extensive knowledge of their industry, from both technical and marketing perspectives
• Enthusiasm and determination to act as a change agent
• A technical background (BS or higher) in Engineering, Chemistry and/or Material Sciences
• Technical communication skills (written, verbal, and graphic). Ability to develop compelling technical arguments and transmit them at the appropriate level with knowledge and confidence.
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and develop personal relationships
• Attention to detail and the ability to think logically, applying different tactics to solve problems using resources available both internally and externally.
• Ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity, taking a flexible approach when needed information is limited by external circumstances
• Capacity to efficiently balance priorities; make independent and timely decisions.
What we offer:
• The opportunity to learn and grow. We believe there is no better way to learn than by doing, so from day one you will have the opportunity to make a real difference and develop the next generation of fuel and lubricant additives that will power transportation of the future.
• High levels of project management responsibilities
• Opportunity to gain patents for your innovative technologies
• Exposure across several key global groups and the opportunity to work with people from around the world, gaining an understanding of a commercial business as a whole
• Build a stimulating, long-term career with an inclusive company that values everyone as an individual.
• Competitive salary, medical and retirement benefits
• Community outreach activities & social clubs – Recognition, Inclusiveness & Diversity, Environmental
• Onsite medical, café, gym, fitness classes, sports teams and secure onsite parking Convenient to NYC, Airport & Public Transportation