Innovation at Infineum is also heavily invested in supporting academia through internships, extensive sponsoring of university research, and publications.
Action to support academia includes:
Developing students through internships and scholarships across the world, including:
- Working with 23 Universities – 13 in the UK, 2 in Austria, 4 in China, 2 in South Korea, 1 in the USA and 1 in Canada.
- Supporting a variety of academic projects, including 11 post-doctorals, 33 PhDs and 2 Masters in 2020.
- Supporting student scholarships at Middlesex County College and Union County College (UCC) in the USA. In 2020, UCC recognised Infineum as its corporate partner of the year, as a result of the positive impact we make in the communities where we operate.
- PhD and post-doctoral student sponsorship at Seoul National University, and Masters student sponsorship at Chung-Ang University, South Korea.
- Scholarship programmes at East China University of Science & Technology, Dalian University of Technology, Nanjing Technology University and China European Business School, along with internships at Changzhou Vocational Institute of Engineering, in China.
- Supporting 20 student internships at our Vado Ligure site in Italy.
- Working with 4 Government Research Labs – ISIS and Diamond in the UK, ESRF in France and NIST in the USA.
- Continuing to strengthen our research and development capabilities through essential partnerships.
Aligning our research work with activities that directly enhance fuel economy, reduce emissions such as Nitrous Oxides, as well as reducing wear in order to improve engine cleanliness and extend product lifetime.
Students and staff from Nanjing University of Science & Technology attending Infineum insight day in 2019Back to top