The health and safety of our colleagues, the contractors working for Infineum and the communities around us is our highest priority, making our focus on SDG 3 - Good Health and Wellbeing instrumental to our ways of working and culture. We believe colleagues, contractors and others working for Infineum have the right to return home at the end of each day in the same state of health and wellbeing as they began it, and that our mantra of 'Nobody gets hurt' is right and is achievable. We believe that all incidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses are preventable.
Our goal is to ensure zero harm to our people and the environment, with no personal, no process and no environmental incidents. Our Safety, Health and Environmental (HSE) Core Policy, together with our strong safety culture and management systems, ensure we deliver the excellent safety performance, that is intrinsic to our business. This policy is at the core of what we do, and we maintain this through simple messaging, an established systematic approach, clear and understood metrics and strong safety leadership.
To meet our target of zero harm, and successfully manage workplace health, safety and wellbeing, our management systems ensure that hazards are systematically identified, evaluated, and controlled.
Recordable injuries per 200,000 hours.
Third parties source: latest available published data.
Risks from hazards are managed to protect colleagues, contractors, customers, the general public and the environment; and we comply with all HSE laws.
Infineum is a top performer on personal safety results, for both our colleagues and contractors, not just in the additive industry but in the whole process industry, allowing us to make significant progress towards SGD3, Good Health and Wellbeing. Our Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR) in 2020 was 0.05 for colleagues and 0.12 for contractors, which was the lowest among our benchmarks – ACC (American Chemistry Council), IOGP (International Oil & Gas Producers), and CONCAWE (European Oil Company Organisation for Environment, Health and Safety).
Action on workplace health, safety and wellbeing includes:
- Embedding a robust HSE philosophy and safety culture into our everyday processes that requires all colleagues to take on different roles and responsibilities, with safety embedded into all colleagues’ goals and performance reviews.
- Operating an effective management system to ensure hazards are systematically identified, evaluated and controlled, with any associated risks managed in compliance with HSE laws.
- Introducing a wellbeing network and initiatives to raise awareness about mental health and wellbeing at work, providing tools such as an online Global Wellbeing Hub which hosts resources to help colleagues look after their own wellbeing and better support others.
- Implementing global policies to encourage Flexible Working and Parental Leave.
- Operating a Code of Conduct reporting hotline, via an independent platform, to allow colleagues easy online access to raise any matter that conflicts with laws, regulations or Infineum’s Code of Conduct.
We achieved a variety of awards and accreditations at a number of our sites throughout 2019 and 2020:
- December 2020 – Zhangjiagang China Manufacturing Plant became ISO 14001:2015 Management System Certified, joining our other Manufacturing Plant locations in certification.
- December 2020 – Singapore Manufacturing Plant received a Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Excellence Award – WSH’s highest achievement award.
- December 2019 – Singapore Manufacturing Plan received a Responsible Care Excellence Award in ‘Employee Health & Safety.
- August 2019 – Milton Hill Business and Technology Centre received a prestigious Gold award from Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA) in recognition of the site’s health and safety performance.
- April 2019 - in recognition of our “Go home in one piece” safety film, Infineum won a Silver award at the New York Festivals TV & Film Awards.
Further awards and recognitions achieved at are our Zhangjiagang (China) Manufacturing Plant:
- March 2020 – The excellence enterprise for implementing dual prevention mechanisms to reduce incident while improve safety performance awarded by the Zhangjiagang City Emergency Management Bureau.
- February 2020 - Advanced enterprise for the construction of ecological civilization awarded by Zhangjiagang Free Trade Zone Management & Working Committee.
- November 2019 – Level 2 Safe Production Standardization awarded by the Zhangjiagang City Emergency Management Bureau.
- May 2019 – Environmental and Socially Responsible Enterprises awarded by the China Environment Press.
- March 2019 – ‘Eco Star’ and a top score for safety management awarded by local government.
- February 2019 – Advanced Ecological Civilization Construction Unit awarded by the Zhangjiagang Free Trade Zone Management Committee.