Infineum is a world leader in petroleum additives for the fuels and lubricants industry. Established in January 1999, Infineum is a 50/50 joint venture between ExxonMobil and Shell. With headquarters in Milton Hill, UK, and with regional business and technology centers in the UK, US, Shanghai, Tokyo and Singapore, Infineum is a world-class formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives. For more than 80 years we have been innovators of products used in automotive, heavy-duty diesel and marine engine oils, in gasoline and diesel fuels, and specialty applications including transmission fluids and industrial oils. Our primary customers are oil companies and other lubricant and fuel marketers. We have around 2,000 colleagues in 15 countries. We’re looking for motivated, energetic colleagues to join our team.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and innovative member in our New Business Ventures team at Infineum. This business development role will require market assessment skills and good strategic acumen. You will be responsible to develop new business cases from concept through commercial reality across a variety of specialty chemical applications. You will also be responsible for identifying and collaborating with suitable external partners, maintaining close relationships. You will be expected to deal with ambiguity and mitigate risks in the course of the product development. You will be working globally across regions with moderate business travel to accelerate project success.
Key Outputs: What can we expect from you?
• Identify, research, assess, facilitate and develop new business opportunities into new sustainable value propositions and corresponding businesses
• Gather and synthesize industry information from research sources including trade publications, industry reports, trade shows, conferences, and online sources
• Monitor mega trends, conduct market research on targeted opportunities, and assess technology and intellectual property
• Create value through market intimacy and innovation by understanding global and regional market trends, customer unmet needs, and market potential
• Deliver a solid, defensible analysis of the new business opportunity landscape
• Leverage Infineum's core capabilities into new business models and partnerships to create sustainable commercial value
• Develop robust business plans, define technical and commercial metrics and milestones for the new business development projects, and present business proposals to peers and leaders
• Cultivate internal and external relationships to identify and foster new business opportunities
• Collaborate with the team to meet our new business development and innovation goals
A successful candidate is likely to have/be:
• Entrepreneurial spirit with a proven track record for developing and launching businesses and managing product lines
• Sound conceptual thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills
• Able to build a compelling business case from a broad starting point and clearly communicate it at both a high and working level of detail
• Compelling influencing and negotiation skills – seeks win-win solutions
• Strong collaboration skills, working with and through others across functions and geographies
• Excellent communication skills, able to articulate complex positions as well as conceptual constructs at the appropriate level
• Flexible and adaptable, tolerant of uncertainty inherent to dynamic business conditions and new product development