This is a senior technology leadership position with responsibility for Infineum’s global product testing requirements and largest R&D spend. You will lead a highly experienced, global engineering team based in multiple locations and covering a wide range of technology transportation segments, developing new engineering tools for researching and certifying new engine lubricants. You will have responsibility for the successful delivery of a huge portfolio of programmes, from R&D programmes with premier OEMs and Tier 1s, through to customer service problem-solving with some of the largest oil companies in the world and leadership of our interaction with multiple NGO and industry bodies. This role carries considerable influence, both internally and externally, leading and creating opportunities for Infineum to differentiate from competition and be a world leader in the lubricants additive business. If you are motivated by new challenges, influencing the strategic direction of a global team and are looking for a key leadership position, we want to hear from you.
What will you be doing
- Lead a team of ~20 engineers based in multiple global locations including recruitment, general colleague support, development and appraisals.
- Accountable for building Engineering as a core strength, creating and sustaining a differentiated engineering resource. Establish the long-term needs and future technical challenges to advise future strategy
- Ensure safety and quality standards are met and continuously improved
- Accountable for budgets
- Direct a diverse portfolio of projects to successful conclusions, delivering high value and impact
- Ensure Infineum has access to effective methods for measuring lubricant performance including developing new methods and manage large external contracts at 3rd party engine testing institutues
- Own the strategy to deliver test capabilities, ensuring pricing and volume are effectively managed, maximising return from the operational budget and making proposals for alternative funding approaches
What will you gain from this role?
Autonomy to lead a team which is critical to Infineum’s success and be a trusted expert in this area
Significant ability to influence key stakeholders and complex global projects across the organisation
Exposure to work within a fast-paced, rapidly changing, multi-interfaced environment
A successful candidate is likely to have
- Demonstrated strong safety leadership
- A deep understanding of automotive engineering and/or engine tests and scientific methodology, with experience working with external third parties
- Mechanical Engineering degree in an area relevant to engines engineering is desirable
- Commercial awareness, a good understanding of the business drivers and project management experience – MBA desirable
- Effective leadership skills of a global team of professional engineers and the ability to translate strategy into action and meaningful goals for other team members
- An agile approach to managing complex resource prioritisation across a large number of projects as well as the ability to maintain a delivery focus on both long and short term projects