The Fixed Equipment Maintenance Technician will safely perform millwright work under general supervision.
This is a union position.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Read blueprints to determine work procedures, to construct foundations, assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment using hoists, pulleys, dollies, rollers and trucks.
• Provide troubleshooting and analysis of pneumatic, steam, water and process systems.
• Familiar with hand and power tools (such as wrenches, pry bars, wedges, grinders, drills, band saws, pipe threading machines and dies). May be required to make customized parts or repairs.
• Must work within precise limits of accuracy at heights without fear.
• Must be able to use step-by-step procedures in work, planning, solving problems and decision making based on quantifiable information.
• A focus on millwright responsibilities may result in up to 25% of the job geared toward scaffold building.
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• 3 years or more experience in power generation, refinery, chemical, pharmaceutical, paint/polymer, cosmetics, food or automotive industries.
• Thorough knowledge of load bearing equipment capabilities and understanding of blueprints and technical instructions.
• Strong pipefitting experience.
• Oxyacetylene cutting experience.
• Knowledge of fluid mechanics, hydraulic and pneumatics, and additional components involved in the process (such as valves, pumps, compressors and piping).
• Scaffold building experience including carpenter skills.
• Crane certification or operation is desired.
• Microsoft Outlook and basic computer skills preferred.
• SAP experience desired.