A vacancy has arisen for a Chemist in the Fuels – Technical sales. This team offers an opportunity to tackle a range of technical challenges offering chances to grow, develop and learn about a key area of the Infineum business. The role will provide laboratory and technical support to the internal stakeholders (technical sales account manager) interfacing directly with refineries, supporting the customers with technical know/how, issues at the refineries and general proof-of principle studies.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standards of the group
- Laboratory experimental work to evaluate additive performance in customer fuels; conduct harms testing and support new product commercialisations
- Interact with internal and external contacts as required to works
- Responsibility for completion of discrete programme elements within broadly agreed guidelines.
- Recommend efficient design for and execution of experimental formulation programmes with guidance from supervisor.
- Collation and documentation of test results and other information in formats suitable for product performance representation to Sales colleagues and external customers.
- Participation in Technical Sales project/activity teams, and reporting results and conclusions of the work as required to supervisors and leaders
The successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong commitment to Infineum HSE and quality values, proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Ability to design, recommend and execute experimental programmes with guidance from supervisor
- Aptitude for summarising, documenting and clearly presenting results from their work
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills
- Ability to interact and communicate proactively and harmoniously in the team and with the wider technical community, including external service providers
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Exposure to a mixture of both fuels testing, additive formulation and related technology deployment activities with refineries
- Opportunity to broaden network both inside and outside of Infineum
- Scope to grow the role in terms of increasing independence, coaching and mentoring, communication and collaboration
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate. Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.