The position of HSE Advisor – Facilities & Workplace Health, reports to the Infineum Milton Hill Site Manager.
This position shall ensure that identified Health, Safety and Environment [HSE] requirements are implemented by appropriate personnel and contractors in all Infineum Milton Hill site work areas. The position shall also ensure that Infineum HSE processes are being adhered to (audit / assess) in accordance with Infineum Corporate standards and all relevant UK legislated standards for Health, Safety and Environment.
Key Outputs: What you will be doing
- Responsibility to assist in the development and implementation of the HSE Strategic Plan for the site and to participate in Infineum Global HSE networks to develop internal HSE policies and communications.
- Responsibility to lead the design and running of workplace Health Surveillance and Monitoring programs.
- Lead or support Hazard Identification, Risk Assessments and site facilities inspections to ensure equipment / facilities are installed correctly / safely.
- Assist in conducting Incident Investigations – including any major incidents.
- Participate / lead HSE meetings, presentations and training to ensure effective and timely communication and responses from Infineum senior management/colleagues to Corporate / UK HSE issues and information.
- Notify and consult with relevant authorities (UK HSE etc) and outside stakeholders to ensure Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental performance expectations are met.
- Keep up to date and ensure Infineum compliance with current UK HSE legislation.
- Work closely with the HSE Leader and Site Operational Integrity Committee [OIC] to enhance the awareness and management of HSE for all colleagues, contractors and the public, with the aim of continuous improvement in site HSE performance.
- Ensure Contractors coordinate appropriate orientation or other training for personnel commencing sub-contract work on site in compliance with UK and Infineum HSE policy and procedures.
What skills will you gain from this role?
This is an opportunity to work in a varied, high-impact and high profile role with exposure to all areas of the business and work with colleagues and contractors at all levels.
A successful candidate is likely to have
- Demonstrable experience in an industry related Health and Safety role
- Formally recognised (NEEBOSH, IOSH etc) Occupational Health & Safety Qualification - experience in designing or running workplace Health Surveillance and Monitoring programs is desirable.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of UK Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HSWA) and other relevant legislation including Environmental / Waste Management [an IEMA certification / qualification would be an advantage].
- Strong leadership, planning skills and ability to successfully prioritise.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Experience in delivery of Safety Training.