This role will be responsible for coordinating and responding to HSE Incidents at Milton Hill Business & Technology Centre(MHBTC). With direction from the MHBTC Site Manager and UK HSE Leader the role will include incident management and investigation, trend analysis and involvement in initiatives to ensure compliance with RIDDOR and OSHA at MHBTC.
What we can expect from you
- Acting as a first response to incidents to maximise learning.
- Updating the HSE events / incident database and tracking/analysing trends; tracking follow-ups associated with incident reporting
- Review draft investigation reports and actions prior to approval
- Assist with action development and prioritisation
- Maintain an Incident action tracking system
- Membership of the Investigator Team meetings / Occasionally chair meetings
- Monitor, train and coach Investigators
- Work with the HSSE Specialist to prepare monthly and end of year MHBTC HSSE Data Pack and tracking progress toward Safety Performance goals
- Conducting Incident awareness and investigation training
- Analysing/Assessing trends to identify improvements and update work practices/procedures and ensure compliance with regulations
- Develop communication material to share learning from incidents with different MHBTC communities.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
The colleague will gain knowledge and experience of HSSE Legislation, data management, critical thinking and relationship building and communications skills.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- A NEBOSH certificate or equivalent Health and Safety qualification
- Practical experience of carrying out health and safety in a laboratory and / or workshop focussed environment
- Bachelor’s degree / good understanding of chemistry or chemical engineering
- Strong Communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to clearly demonstrate and convey concepts to large and small audiences of various levels
- Knowledge of Regulatory Requirements (ex: RIDDOR, OSHA) is desirable.
- Experience of data analysis and report creation.
- Strong Computer Skills: Word/Excel/PowerPoint/SharePoint
- Driven individual with ability to work independently or show excellence within a team.