The role will provide key technical support to laboratory activities and key projects within a cross functional team comprising around 25 colleagues. The Laboratory Operator will help enable the development and commercialisation of novel chemical additives for engine lubrication applications. The role offers an opportunity to support a wide range of technical activities and develop understanding in a key area of Infineum’s business.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute to the high safety standard of the group.
- Coordinate the shipping of materials to internal and external customers to agreed locations and timescales.
- Enable efficient laboratory running through proactive maintenance of lab consumables and stock solutions.
- Identify opportunities to simplify lab operations.
- Support quality control and equipment maintenance within the laboratories.
- Contribute to the management of laboratory chemical waste streams.
- Follow established analytical and synthetic procedures.
- Support quality control and maintenance of equipment within the laboratory.
- Take receipt of and characterise, by established methodologies, novel materials from external and internal collaborators.
- Support electronic record keeping of laboratory (experimental) activities.
What will you gain from this role?
- Knowledge of the lubricant additives industry.
- Logical thinking to influence, simplify & improve laboratory operations.
- Experience working in a well equipped industrial research laboratory
- Effective communication with a variety of team members, internal and external customers.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong commitment to HSE and quality values.
- Scientific background
- Ability to drive work forward to meet research targets and timelines.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective time-management skills whilst maintaining high standards of work.
- Capability in summarising, documenting and presenting results clearly on his / her work.
- Experience of working in a chemical laboratory preferred.