This role includes becoming Infineum’s Railroad lubricants expert; conducting Product Development activities relative to Gas Engine lubricants and Railroad lubricants, and conducting Deployment activities with/for Infineum customers in the Americas and relative to Gas Engine, Railroad and/or Marine engine lubricants.
The contents of the role include designing new formulations, adapting existing formulations to new needs, conducting and documenting engine, bench and field-test programs to qualify Infineum’s engine oil additives in our customers’ base oils, and help Infineum and our customers to enhance the value proposition of our and their products in the marketplace. The role also includes representing Infineum in the Railroad Industry technical working group (LMOA).
The role works closely with Sales, Marketing and Technology Large Engines colleagues. In addition, the candidate may work alongside the Quality Focal Point in activities relating to product quality investigations.
The role is a deep expertise position requiring continued commitment of the applicant to the position for the longer term (duration exceeding 5 years), as well as past experience of the Railroad, Gas Engine, and/or Marine Industry.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Design, and/or contribute to designing new formulations from scratch, as well as complete qualification testing programs including bench testing, engine testing and OEM approval field-testing
• Provide product recommendations and technical support data directly to customers and OEMs within the Americas, with main focus on North America
• Own and maintain internal and external performance claims documentation for general market or customer-specific products.
• Extend performance claims for products by design of test programmes and by conducting bench and engine test evaluations, as well as by monitoring and documenting product approval field-trials
• Working with Large Engines colleagues across regions (the Large Engines sub-group is global with presence in Japan, Singapore, the UK and Linden), contributing to the development of new additive platforms.
• Carrying out bespoke product development programmes and/or high level technical collaboration programmes as required by customers and OEMs.
• Communicate developments and exchange information with Marketing, Sales and Large Engines Technology colleagues.
• Support product quality investigations, involving close collaboration with Product Quality Focal Point
• Develop customer relationship and explore collaboration opportunities
• Represent Infineum at LMOA, and occasionally in front of North American OEMs
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• Customer-oriented with both commercial and technical acumen
• Strong interpersonal, networking and communication skill with an ability to develop personal relationships with customers and colleagues and work effectively in teams, including across regions
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills in English. Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
• Some knowledge of lubricant industry, lubricant formulation, technology development activities and/or engine technology would be advantageous, especially if acquired on Railroad or Gas Engines segments
• Able to plan and execute Projects, able to work on multiple Projects simultaneously
• Willingness to spend approximately 10% of time on travel, mostly in North America with potential occasional need to travel to Latin America, potentially at short notice (customer meeting requests, field-test inspections)
• Strong commitment to Infineum safety and quality values