The Plant Improvement and Development Engineer leads the prioritization, scoping and initial development of identified projects that may require either CAPEX investment or maintenance expenses. He/She is responsible for feeding the Global Engineering (GE) organization with needs in terms of resources and capitals, as well as developing Project Basis Memos (PBM) and Manufacturing Basis Memorandum (MBM).
The position will be located in Berre and Notre-Dame de Gravenchon.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Collect and analyse improvement initiatives that may require CAPEX investment or maintenance expenses, with a specific focus on understanding case for action, urgency, potential solutions and risks.
- Define project scope in alignment with stakeholders and identify expected improvements (margins, savings,…)
- Develop and keep the Site Infrastructure Plan up to date.
- Use and maintain knowledge of the project processes (IMPACT/MOC)
- In strong collaboration with the Process Contact Engineer and Global Engineering (GE) Process Designers, develop the PBM, the MBM, and provide to GE the inputs required in stages 2 and 3 of project development. Depending of the project, drive or support GE for stage 2/3 activities.
- Ensure smooth transition to GE once Gate 1 is passed. Stay key focal point of GE along the development of the project, with the support of the contact engineer.
- Coordinate Start-Up Plan for Capital Projects and may be the start up leader of some projects.
- Improve safety performance by observing and correcting unsafe acts/conditions.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Experience in structuring demands from different stakeholders and driving prioritization exercise.
- Develop knowledge of all the Berre manufacturing units.
- Develop project management skills.
- Opportunity to interact across several key global groups.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Master in science degree with technical background necessary to lead process and equipment continuous improvement initiatives.
- Two years minimum experience in manufacturing or process design related function.
- Process design experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Good knowledge of project management practice, Capital Investment guidelines and project economics principles is preferred but not mandatory.
- Understanding of business impact of various actions.
- Good listener - Ability to interact with others in local and international environments
- Ability to establish consensus for the interest of Infineum by influencing a diverse work group with potential conflicting interests.
- Ability to gather and synthesize information, and to communicate clearly and concisely about potentially complex issues
- Innovation and simplification attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills