A PTF Development & Deployment Technologist fulfil a key technical role at Infineum’s customer interface and PTF OEMs. This involves understanding and delivering against customer and OEM product needs through the development and deployment of additive packages and viscosity modifiers. The role will also include IL responsibility to interface with PTF OEMs in NA to understand OEM transmission trends and fluid needs, deliver new product development to agreed OEM specifications and support customer OEM approvals.
The role requires significant collaboration with customers, OEMs, Sales & Marketing, PTF Global team.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Provide expert customer technical support including product recommendations, product-based value propositions and general technical advice to key PTF customers in Americas market
• Develop, test, and commercialize customized additive packages to meet customer requirements
• Lead field testing program to support additive development and claim support
• Develop technical brochures for presentation to customers
• Develop and maintain product documentation to support performance claims on customer-specific and/or market general products
• Obtain OEM approvals for commercial additive packages, liaising directly with PTF OEMs in NA
• Develop OEM relationship and explore collaboration opportunities.
• Work closely with Sales and Marketing colleagues to identify new business opportunities
• Contribute to organizational learning through information sharing and collaboration with Sales & Marketing, Industry Liaison and other PTF Technology Development & Deployment colleagues.
• Develop and deliver training materials for colleagues and customers
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• Ability to understand needs, manage expectations, and deliver on commitments whilst building relationships at the customer and OEM interface
• Excellent technical competencies with a strong science background (e.g. Mechanical Engineering or in chemistry).
• Strong interpersonal, networking and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with customers, OEMs and colleagues.
• Knowledge of lubricant industry, lubricant formulation or technology development activities would be advantageous.
• Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to efficiently balance priorities, self-driven and make independent and timely decisions
• Work well on cross-functional teams, Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Strong commitment to Infineum safety and quality values.