Working in the Detergents team of Manufacturing Technology promises to be very exciting. With significant increases in demand forecast over the next 10 years we need to deliver increased capacity. In the meantime there are several new products under development that will be translated from Technology to Manufacturing (MFT).
MFT works closely with functions such as Technology, Marketing, Procurement and Manufacturing to deliver projects in strategic areas such as new product development, capacity increase, supply security and process improvements. This position reports to the Detergents Manufacturing Technology Manager and responsibilities span from supporting/improving existing operations to commercializing new products and processes.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Collaborate closely with Technology to develop new products and enable innovation.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing at Berre/NDG/Singapore with regard to management of non-conforming product, plant trials, production capacity creep, capital investment project reviews and qualification of new suppliers. Lead process learnings sharing between plants.
- Collaborate with Procurement to improve supply security with raw materials.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for product quality and process improvement.
- Maintain and transfer process and product knowledge.
What skills and experience will you gain from this role?
- Knowledge of the Detergents products and Manufacturing processes and Process Advanced Technologies.
- Colleague supervision and coaching skills.
- Interpersonal skills to liaise with Infineum functions, especially colleagues within MFT, Technology, Marketing, Procurement, GE and Manufacturing.
- Understanding of how new Technologies and processes are developed and translated from lab to commercial operations.
- Expertise in pervasive technology areas (e.g., mixing, solid-liquid separation).
A successful candidate is likely to have
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry, with a structured and scientific approach to solving technical problems.
- 3+ years' relevant work experience is desirable.
- Teamwork, relationship building and excellent communication skills are essential to this position.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, balancing priorities and making independent and timely decisions.
- Influencing and leadership skills are important to gain cross-functional alignment.