The Rotating Equipment Maintenance Technician will safely use machine shop experience (working with both power and hand machine tools such as lathes, milling machines and grinders to produce precision metal parts) to support the maintenance team.
This is a union position.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
• Basic knowledge of rotating equipment.
• Pump motor alignment.
• Familiar with use and interpretation of a dial indicator.
• Ability to understand and interpret drawings.
• Procedure to follow when checking equipment for a soft foot.
• Shive (pulley) alignment.
• Pump repair.
• Gearbox repair.
• Any additional responsibilities as assigned.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• 3 years or more experience in power generation, refinery, chemical, pharmaceutical, paint/polymer, cosmetics, food or automotive industries.
• Millwright, electrical, piping layout, rigging and hazmat experience.
• General maintenance duties may include plumbing, pump repair and blueprint knowledge.
• Microsoft computer skills preferred.
• SAP experience desired.