Lubes Technology Customer Technical Service provides technical support to our target lubricant-blending customer, conducts and documents engine and bench test programs to qualify Infineum’s engine oil additives in these customers’ base oils, and helps them enhance the value proposition of their products in the marketplace. Success is typically achieved through the expert design and execution of test programs and the ability to translate these formulation developments into value added products for Infineum’s customers. The position will be part of the team responsible for supporting Crankcase, and Small Engine products in the Americas, including additive packages, viscosity modifiers and lube oil flow improvers. The team works closely with Sales and Marketing colleagues, and with Lubes Product Development and CTS colleagues within and across regions. The successful candidate will provide direct technical support to a group of customers, and may become focal point for technical information and support of particular products and/or product lines.
What we can expect from you:
• To provide technical support for Lubes products for the assigned customers and/or product lines.
• To work closely with Sales and Marketing colleagues to identify and develop new business opportunities
• To build an understanding of the assigned customers’ business.
• To plan, execute, and document testing programs to provide customer specific solutions.
• To develop and maintain performance claims documentation for Lubes products.
• To develop technical information for use at customers.
• To develop customer relationships.
• Any other additional responsibilities as assigned
A successful candidate is likely to have:
• A technical background (BS or higher) in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry and/or Material Sciences.
• Technical communication skills (written, verbal and graphic). Ability to develop compelling technical arguments, and transmit them with knowledge and confidence.
• Interpersonal, teamwork and collaboration skills across functions and regions.
• Ability to identify and understand customer needs, manage expectations, and deliver on commitments while building relationships at the customer interface.
• Attention to detail, ability to think logically, and apply different tactics to solve problems using resources available internally and externally.
• Capacity to efficiently balance priorities, and make independent and timely decisions.
• Work experience in cross-functional or global projects is desired.
• Demonstrated ability to work with external customers is a plus