A CTS technologist fulfils the key technical role at Infineum’s customer interface. This involves understanding and delivering against customer product needs through the application of additive package and viscosity modifier/lube oil flow improver technology across small engine, automotive crankcase, large engine and marine. Related activities range from simple tailoring of existing technology to development of new formulations to meet customer-specific performance needs. Success is typically achieved through the expert design and execution of engine/bench test programmes to establish performance against industry and OEM specifications. These programmes are largely focused on European market needs. The role requires some knowledge in developing new prototypes using novel or existing technologies. The role requires significant collaboration with customers, Sales & Marketing and Technology Development colleagues. The role also contains a commercial dimension that is pivotal in defining product-based Value Propositions.
Key Outputs: What you will be doing
- Extend performance claims for Lube technology platforms through the design and execution of test programmes involving bench and engine test evaluations.
- Lead formulation deployment projects and technical collaborations as agreed with customers.
- Develop new prototype in collaboration with Product Development
- Provide expert customer technical support including product recommendations, product-based value propositions and general technical advice.
- Contribute to organisational learning through information sharing and collaboration within Lube Technology Deployment with Lube Technology Development and with Sales & Marketing colleagues.
- Develop and maintain product documentation to support performance claims on customer-specific and/or market general products.
- Working with Lubes Development, Sales & Marketing colleagues, contribute to the definition of market needs and the related development of new additive platforms.
What You Will Gain
- High levels of project management responsibilities
- Exposure across several key global groups
- Develop your commercial acumen
- Build a stimulating, long-term career with a company that values its colleagues
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Significant experience working in the lubricant additives industry with versatile knowledge in Crankcase, Large Engine and Small Engine areas.
- Fluency in Russian
- Established technical competency with a strong science background (e.g. chemistry or engineering).
- Strong interpersonal, networking and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and develop external personal relationships.
- Able to effectively carry out multiple projects and other technical activities simultaneously and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the lubricants industry, lubricant formulation and related technology development activities.
- Commercial acumen and demonstrated enthusiasm to work with customers.
- Strong commitment to Infineum safety and quality values.
- Ability to work in a structured environment with a process-driven approach.
The salary offered for this position will be competitive.
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate. Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.