A Technologist fulfils a key technical role at Infineum’s customer interface, which involves understanding and delivering against challenging customer product needs. Related activities range from simple tailoring of existing technology to development of new formulations to meet customer-specific performance needs. Success is typically achieved through the expert design and execution of engine/bench test programmes to establish performance against industry and OEM specifications, as well as specific customer marketing needs. This role is primarily focused on CVL and PVL applications. The role requires significant collaboration with customers, Sales & Marketing, IL, and Technology Product Development (PD) and Customer Technical Services (CTS) colleagues. The role also contains a commercial dimension in that it is pivotal in defining product-based Value Propositions.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Lead formulation deployment projects and technical collaborations as agreed with the customer
- Provide expert customer technical support including product recommendations, product-based value propositions, and general technical advice
- Extend performance claims for Lube technology platforms through the design and execution of test programmes involving bench and engine test evaluations
- Develop and maintain product documentation to support performance claims on customer-specific and/or market general products
- Contribute to organisational learning through information sharing and collaboration across the International Account, Lubes Product Technology, IL, and Sales & Marketing colleagues
- Work cross-functionally to support the definition of market needs and the related development of new additive platforms
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Deep understanding of the additive and lubricant industry claims and approval system, and the value that Infineum brings under "Technology Leadership."
- Direct and frequent customer interactions, ranging from small routine updates to large face-to-face meetings.
- Understanding customer requirements, from lube blending plant logistics to marketing and cost pressures, and how Infineum supports customers to meet these needs.
- Analysis of large data sets to build technical support for product development and approvals
A successful candidate is likely to have
- Strong commitment to Infineum safety and quality values
- Established technical competency with a strong science background (e.g. chemistry or engineering)
- Strong interpersonal, networking and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and develop external personal relationships
- Able to effectively carry out multiple projects and other technical activities simultaneously and to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Commercial acumen and demonstrated enthusiasm to work with customers
- Knowledge of the lubricants industry, lubricant formulation and related technology development activities would be highly advantageous