The Fuels New Business Development Team is looking for a Technologist to join them and lead a series of technical programs in support of the execution of the Fuels New Business Development Strategy. The responsibilities for this role centre around leadership of project teams delivering new commercial products for deployment in a wide range of markets. Critical to the role is the ability to be effective at delivering a diverse portfolio of technical development programs in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The role requires successful candidates to work within a cross-functional team, including significant 3rd party engagement, tackling all aspects of product development, from understanding basic science, synthesis and evaluation of new chemicals, handling safety, environmental and intellectual property issues through to final product definition, the development of a commercial process and full commercialisation. Training and mentorship in new business development will be provided in the context of project execution. Varying from project-to-project, a degree of travel is expected, and the team works in a flexible, global manner across several Infineum sites.
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Steer and deliver the development of new commercial products, leading new product development projects and contributing to all stages in the new business development framework within the cross-functional NBD team, and across Infineum
- Collaborate with 3rd party suppliers, customers and contractors to deliver program outcomes, including commissioning and stewarding the delivery of technical work at contract laboratories and with academic collaborators
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Excellent overview of the additives and associated chemical industries
- Commercial understanding and insights
- Agile working within a fast-paced, rapidly changing, multi-interfaced environment
- Exposure to global and complex projects
A successful candidate is likely to have
- Excellent technical competencies with a strong scientific background including expertise in one or more branches of chemistry and a PhD or equivalent industrial research experience, plus the ability to be effective in technical program delivery outside of own area of technical expertise
- Strong chemical industry experience, including a track record of significant research & development deliveries
- Experience in new business development, with proven ability to innovate, and the ability to change, adapt and evolve to a changing business context
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, in groups and as part of cross-functional teams, across multiple cultures, on a wide portfolio of projects to deliver value to Infineum
- Commercial acumen, ideally demonstrated via customer or supplier-facing experience
- Excellent project and program management skills
- Tenacity in solving complex problems and a results-driven mindset
Infineum operates a flexible working policy and will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs wherever appropriate.
Infineum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.