Infineum is a world leading formulator, manufacturer and marketer of petroleum additives for lubricants and fuels. Infineum additives are in 1 in 3 vehicles worldwide and are designed to improve fuel efficiency, reduce emissions and enable cleaner transportations.
We are currently seeking an experienced chemist with scale up experience 5 -10Kg to join the Component Delivery team at Milton Hill. This is a great opportunity to design and synthesise next generation materials for the lubricant additive business. There are also opportunities to influence multiple interfaces (Lubes Science project teams focused on performance differentiation, Innovation, Manufacturing Technology, external outsourcing and Safety). The successful candidate will complement the Component Delivery team’s current skill base and play a critical role in enabling Component Delivery to become the High Performance Agile Team that deliver the new components the business needs (incremental, step-out & disruptive).
What will you be doing?
- Guide the scale-up from 5g to 10Kg with support from chemical engineer.
- Steer safety initiatives to continue to build on the strong safety culture, deliver risk assessments and consistently demonstrate the highest standards of safety and quality.
- Deliver robust routing scouting to deliver materials in a time efficient manner.
- Supervise, develop & coach laboratory based chemists.
- Prepare a variety of materials in an agile and efficient manner.
- External focal lead for assigned chemical outsourcing.
- Provide design solutions to a variety of programs to enable lube science teams to prove or disprove the working hypothesis.
- Communicate progress, challenges and delivery through a variety of communication media.
What will you gain from this role?
- Coaching – imparting experience and knowledge to a variety of skill bases and team members.
- Opportunity to build personal network extensively across range of Infineum functions and within Lubes Enabling Technology.
- Influence our New Technology Innovation Culture.
- Appreciation of factors which impact lubricant additive business.
- Greater understanding of market opportunities (short - long term)
- Exposure to Innovation & road map opportunities.
- Development of external outsourcing relationships.
- Influence lab set-up & equipment to support the synthesis needs of the business.
A successful candidate is likely to have
- Excellent organic chemistry background with strong track record of delivering materials to aggressive timescales within a research & development environment.
- Strong safety focus including networking, communication, a demonstrated ability to deliver high standard risk assessments, make solid safety recommendations when faced with obstacles and influence changes to work differently based on learnings from near miss reporting.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, in groups and as part of cross-functional teams, across multiple cultures, on a wide portfolio of projects to deliver value to the customer.